I reflect often. Too much? Maybe. Every morning when I jump into my Honda Civic, with my to-go cup of coffee and the radio on some pop song, I smile. I love my days. We all know it used to not be that simple... lately I have been enjoying my new routine:
For those of you that do not know, the boyfriend will be moving into my place near Cheesman Park by the end of the summer. We will resign the lease, that is right, I said resign a lease and then decide where to go from there next year. He pretty much lives there now, it is closer to his work and I just love him being there. He has become the highlight of my routine.
We wake up, usually late and slow. I love waking up in the summer, you can hear the birds chirp and I have beatuiful large trees all around my place. I have tons of windows, so I peak outside on my way to the shower. The boyfriend makes the bed and coffee every morning and I love him for that. We part ways as we both head into work.
I enjoy my morning commute, mainly because I have coffee. My days are pretty relaxed. I have grown into my job. I am not super career orientated and there is no drama in my office now. I come in and work and go home. I am constantly learning new things, which I love too. I am more into construction projects than before and I have loved being outside and dealing with clients and contractors. After my 10 hour days (so I can leave early on Friday) I head home.
In a perfect world I run or workout after work. I have dinner with the boyfriend and we will try to go for a walk around the park or put in a movie. Most nights there is something going on... heading to the Rockies game tonight. And then bed. I couldn't be happier with my simple, yet wonderful routine.