Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Piercings and Tattoos?

Yes and yes.  It all started when I was 16.  My dad and his girlfriend took me and her daughter to get our belly buttons pierced for my birthday and it was all downhill after that.  I was addicted.  I became one of those teenagers that tried to fit as many earrings in my ear as I possibly could, but only in my right ear, the left ear had two studs. 

Once I hit 18 I could legally pierce more than my ears... and I could get tattoos.  My high school friend and I decided it would be cool to get tattoos together after he turned 18 in May.  I have to give him credit he showed up with something that he wanted, I just picked mine off the wall.  He went on to get many more tattoos... and although I am happy with the tribal heart on my lower back, I have ALWAYS wanted to add to it.  I always had an excuse, after I lose weight, after summer, after this race, when I have more money... at this rate not sure I will ever make it "my own."  I do like it though, no regrets there. 

And I love that my friend and I got it together and we will always have that... when I went to visit him in Tahoe two years ago, he told one of his friends we got our first tattoos together.  I then went on to get my eyebrow pierced in college, few more times in my right ear... then I graduated to the real world and got rid of most of my piercings.  I still have the belly button ring, which is the ring I bought at a Marilyn Manson concert (ironically I was there with the tattoo friend) and every once and awhile you can catch me load up my right ear with a few studs.