Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

If I Won the Lottery...

Colorado is burning.  The State had 9 wild fires burning at one time this weekend and we hit 104 degrees on Saturday.  This is 20 degrees above the normal temperature.  At the same time, I listened to a good friend tell me that one of the reasons our nation is falling behind the rest of the world is because EPA guidelines/ standards make it impossible to generate industry production in the United States, they send items like tires to be developed over seas.  Opposed to keeping those jobs here.  And all I thought was if we don't take care of the environment we don't have to worry about our economy.

What would I do if I won the lottery?  I see one of two scenarios playing out... I disappear.  I find a place in the middle of nowhere, where development isn't anticipated for decades and I live.  I garden, hike, walk, run, fish and read.  I stop letting general politics, ignorance and high conflict people bother me.

Or, I stay.  I keep the job I have and I get involved.  I make my voice louder and donate to causes that mean so much to me.  Oh, and I will probably buy a house in Capital Hill in Denver.

I am passionate.  It sometimes is my Achilles heal, but I don't want to change.  I wish more people would get passionate... and I guess I really don't care about what.  Great things come from people who care and want to see a change.  It is boiling in my soul.  I just don't know if I want to stay and fight or flee into the environment I so desperately want to protect.