I actually really enjoy what I do. I find stormwater engineering challenging; I enjoy that I have planning and design projects, or sometimes both. I enjoy being outside, working in teams and dealing with contractors. However, I wish I wasn't behind the computer all the time and that I could mentor more than I do. I am also super into protecting the environment and wish I could open people's eyes to things maybe they just don't see.
I have thought I would make a great math teacher. I feel like the United States is just falling farther and farther behind in mathematical based jobs. We are just not that smart anymore and that bothers me.
Until I figure out what the middle ground job is between engineering and teaching, I will continue to do what I do. I just wish it was set up more like the Google, Inc offices... you know, laptops, green roofs to work outside on, time off without pay... oh, one day.