Life changes. I get it. Hell, I am living it and some days just simply rolling with it. Lately I wonder if my time in Texas helped at all in discovering what I like? I get that question all the time, "What do you like to do?" Well, I used to do triathlons and worked out all the time. However, I really don't do that anymore, in fact I haven't done a triathlon since my Half Ironman in 2009 and I work out during the week to sustain my social life on the weekends. I recently had the opportunity to participate in a triathlon with some friends up in Silverthorne, CO. I went for the longer option 0.5 mile swim, 20 mile bike and 6.2 mile run. I went up there, gave it all I could, met some cool people, enjoyed the beautiful state around me and decided somewhere around mile 12 on the bike this is my last triathlon.
I don't know why I felt like that. Triathlons were the one thing I loved doing with the ex, he wasn't there this time. It was my way to meet people in Texas, I am not in Texas. I had to leave a friends birthday party to wake up at 5:30am on Sunday and I was not happy about it. Triathlons do not fit the lifestyle I find myself living, the one I am currently enjoying. I don't know if I am throwing in the towel for good... but I taking an indefinite leave of absence.
When you realize you are slowly closing the doors of your previous life so that you can open the doors to your new life, emotions surface. I learned so much about who I am and what I don't want in my 20s... but what do I want? I am still opening those doors to find out. Lately that has included hanging out with a 26 year old construction worker. I can't explain this one. I have learned that trying to explain it just sounds like a really bad late night movie. I thought he was just filling an emotional void since I never heard from the Vegan post-Brazil... but then one night after our softball game he goes, "This would be alot easier if you would give me a chance." So, why not? Not sure what I have to lose at this point. "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Einstein