The Social Experiment turned Scientific Experiment
Question: Do you ever feel like you are living one large social experiment?
Do Background Research: I suck at dating. If it wasn't for the last 18 months, not sure I would even say I dated. I was just in relationships. Those didn't end well and I really don't talk to the guys that made up a decade of my life. The more I ask around the more I realize most people try to make dating a black and white issue. It is anything but that, and I constantly find myself fumbling text messages, phone calls, dates... and probably thinking too much and in the end feeling like I messed it up. It is a trend.
Construct a Hypothesis: What happens if you just let go of all the rules and do what you feel like?
Test With an Experiment: I have recently friended every guy I have "dated" since my return to Colorado and unblocked the ex (not friends, just unblock). They have all accepted: Steelers Fan, The Ref, The Vegan, The 26-year old Construction Worker... all present and accounted for.
Hypothesis True or False: True. I like it. I am not sure what rules I should date by, so I really just want to let them go and figure things out my way... even if that means I get hurt.
Results: It is weird, final results still pending. Each one of these guys have influenced my life in someway... so let's be friends on Facebook. I have communicated with each one on Facebook minus The Ref who took awhile to accept the request. It doesn't make sense to let them in my weird Facebook world, but all these guys made up one of the best years of my life... and I like to know I am not still ending things on bad terms.
It is just one really complicated social experiment anyways.