Dating. Being single. Geez. This last week has been one for the books. I was super busy at work, I found myself in old Morgan form, which I loved. I hit all my workouts... I ran 11 miles, I had to walk up the hills since I beat the hell out of my knee in the marathon, but I made it. I decided to sign up for match.com since my roommate seemed to be having luck with it. And I got a classic voice message at 3am on Saturday that made me smile all day and confirmed I am winning. #winning (The hash tag is courtesy of Twitter and Charlie Sheen and the fact that those two worlds collided made for an interesting week as well)
The voicemail came from Tom, the Ref and Long Sleeve Polo's friend. He started out by saying he was hanging out with a mutual friend, but that I think he is a douchebag. At that moment, he could have been referring to either of his friends in my opinion. (I confirmed later with a text message to Tom that he was referring to the Ref) Then I got this classic, rambling line "We were hanging out today and he goes, 'you know I think I really liked that girl and I fucked it up.'" YES! He did mess it up. He does have a girlfriend. This guy has issues... not to mention he thinks Sarah Palin has good ideas, just can't communicate them. As Tom and I were texting the next day, laughing about the drunk voicemail I go, "I love that you guys were thinking of me at 3am." His response, "It's a complement really."
This also kept the streak alive. All the guys that I have dated for longer than a 2-3 month period have all contacted me after the fact to tell me they messed up and would like a second chance. When I was younger, I would usually give in to the second chance talk... I don't anymore. I usually even try to point this fact out to the guys I am dating. I know I did to the ex... he didn't believe me. And he literally lost his mind. I am a cool chick. I can't wait to meet the guy that realizes this, that doesn't need me to fill some void but can just share in this crazy adventure with me.
I saved the voice message... and I am still smiling.