It has been one of those weeks where I have had tons on my mind, the political battle in Wisconsin, the rising oil prices, the wedding I am missing in Dallas, the slow work week, the friends from Dallas that came to visit and see a "Weekend in the Life of Morgan," the dreams that remind me of the life I once lived...
I have non-stop thoughts about what next? I worked so hard for 29 years to get my career on track, to meet the guy I was going to marry, and it led me back to where I started. I guess I have a 401k now. I realized this week that I am still making decisions out of fear. I guess step one is to recognize the issue so that you can start thinking "This was the best decision I have ever made for myself." And stop thinking, "Nice people scare the hell out of me and will be exposed." A friend told me that I have to let go of the life I planned so as to have the life that is waiting for me. It is a daily battle.
I was also told that it is the small battles that win the war. I got this youtube video sent to me from an old co-worker, the same one that sat on the steps of a bar with me and cried my last night out in Dallas. She told me the song reminded her of me, she made me cry again. I can't do it all at once, I can't fix everything I want to right now... but she did remind me I have won some battles along the way.