Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Round Two

I am starting to feel like life is on big interview.  When I found myself starting over in Colorado I had to interview for jobs, housing, roommates... and there was always a big relief to get to Round 2.  Lately this is how I feel about meeting people, friends, guys, it doesn't matter.  I go out, meet people I don't know and I hope they love me for me.  It is great to get that call back and it is a little rough when you don't.

Well I have made it to Round 2 with the Fisherman.  I am excited for the second date.  The first date was at a local sports bar during the Arizona basketball game.  Let's just say he wasn't the loudest person I have ever talked to... I am excited to see where he decides to take me, what we talk about now that we both know we are kind of interested... I am trying to tread lightly, but not hold back. 

At the end of my first date my friend's asked all these questions about him, past relationships, family, deep stuff that I don't want to answer on a first date, so I don't ask.  All I really found out is he likes the Broncos, played football in college and well, likes to fish.  That was all I needed to know.  The fishing part of this guy really attracts me to him.  I have always fished and I want to learn how to fly fish, which is what he does.  I think someone that fishes has an appreciation for our environment, has patience and it reminds me of my dad and grandpa... and some of the best memories I have from my childhood.  Anyone that can remind you of things that once made you happy, but you forgot about, gets a pass into Round 2.