Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

March Madness

So it has all changed.  You get that, I get that... but one thing that has slowly started to become clearer, is I am slowly returning to old form.  March Madness... this season is reminding me of how much fun I have being me.  I won my first bracket in high school and I have been hooked ever since... during the 4+ years at my last company I ran the March Madness Bracket.  I loved it.  I don't know why, I love the tournament, I love winning it and I love organizing it.  Last year wasn't the case a year ago.

This year my friends asked me to do it, let me run the scoring the way I wanted and thanked me for doing it.  I got over 50 brackets submitted from all over the country and no one thinks I am doing this to "one up" someone.  It is just Morgan being Morgan.

I am a loyal friend.  I will go out of my way for you.  I promise that.  When I do things it is with the best intentions in mind... I hated that the most, when people find some negative intention behind what I am doing.  That is not me.  That means you don't know me.  And for the first time, I just want to be me, I don't want to change to make someone else happy.  It does not work.

I sometimes want to just disclaim who I am upfront, this last guy I met got the wrath via text message:

Me- Before this goes any further do you have an issue with me being a civil engineer or a marathon runner?
Fisherman- Haha. Why would I? Not at all.
Me- Haha. Random I know.  I keep running into walls where guys are intimidated by that.
Me- And by wall I mean the last 5 years of my life.  I kid, I kid.  Kinda.
Fisherman- No I like the fact that you are educated and active. 
Me- Ok.  Those things may never change.
Fisherman- Why would they?  Someone would have to be real insecure.

Yeah.  So where are all the secure people?