Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

That's Not My Name

When I ran my marathon I asked a good chunk of people in my life to send me a song to add to the marathon playlist.  I thought this was a good way to get new music that I hadn't listened to during my miles of running and I would think of that person as the song played on my 4 hour adventure.  Three people suggested "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings.  I had heard this song before and thought "that is a happy song, good choice," crazy that was the only repeated song.  And then I slowly started to realize this is the theme song of my 29th year...

"Holding back everyday the same, don't want to be a loner, listen to me, oh no, I never say anything at all."
This was the 4 to 5 months in Dallas.  I turned into a shell.  I can remember getting on the elevator where I used to work, silently saying, "Please.  Let nothing happen today."  It then turned into, "What the hell is going to happen today."  I kept most of what was going on inside, I didn't want to bring attention to myself or make the ex look bad.  I wanted someone to stand up for me, to tell him to stop... but I never asked.  After tons of conversations with old coworkers since I left, not sure anyone knew how bad it was.  I never said anything at all.

"They call me quiet girl, but I am a riot, yeah"
I got back to Colorado and I broke out.  I forgot how much fun I was.  I made this clear to my running partner when I went back to Dallas, I have enjoyed tons of sporting events, Sunday Fundays... I may not bring the party, that is my new roommate, but I am kind of a big deal.  Being back in Colorado, in a place I feel safe, I have busted out... and I am a riot.

"Keep up, falling, these heels they keep me boring; Getting glammed up and sitting on the fence now"
I am finally in a place where I feel like I can honestly say, I am happy and moving on with my life.  I am open to meeting someone.  I am loving going to Catholic Church, listening to 30 Seconds to Mars, running when I want with whoever I want... I fall down once and awhile, but I get back up.  I am back in the game.

"That's not my name"
My boss asked if I was good at remembering things?  Do you know who I am?  I am the best at remembering things.  They don't know that.  They will.  Soon.  There have been quite a few times when I meet new guys and they call me Lauren, or don't even remember talking to me.  I love joking around about those moments.  I am almost 30... but I got here.  Hell yes.  I wonder what my theme song next year will be?  I am so excited to find out.