I elude to her. Her presence is all over my blog in the form of quotes, pictures, adventures she drags me on... we went to college together, both moved, met for a happy hour a year ago and the rest is history. She is my soulmate. We can tell eachother what we think, good or bad, we are there for eachother and if it wasn't for her, I would have never taken a chance on the boyfriend. Thank God she was there to tell me what I would be really risking by not dating him.
The Soulmate has been in a bit of a funk... but like the amazing Soulmate she is, she put all that aside this week to help me with my problems. Which, as she so kindly reminded me, are not REAL problems. We went to two dinners this week, the one last night that I really needed. It was proceeded by a bottle of wine and my "Treat Yo Self" ladies confirming how amazing we really are. As if we needed to be reminded.
Dinner was with a few other friends, mostly new. All different, all fun. We laughed, made fun of eachother, made fun of ourselves. Exactly what I needed. I woke up early this morning to hit my first early run on 2012. I got to work to have another reminder in my inbox from my Soulmate.
"Morgan, the need to criticize simply belies a longing for recognition, appreciation, and validation. None of which, however, can be obtained through criticism. I'm sure it's just a phase they're going through."
What a great way to start the day? And such a great reminder. With that, a little Fun. -Some Nights playing in my head, another friend telling me how much I made her laugh last night and a phone call from the boyfriend... I finally remember, I have no real problems.