Last week I was ready to leave the bar and go home. At that moment a friend turned to me and simply questioned, "Strip club?" Yes. With that, four of us got into a cab and headed to the closest strip club. I haven't been since Dallas and I while in the cab I thought of my favorite strip club memories:
- Taking all new hires to the strip club, telling them it was stormwater initiation. And walking in on one of them calling her mom from the strip club bathroom floor saying she wasn't going to make it home.
- Talking to one stripper about the military while a friend was giving out lap dances out of the corner of my eye.
- Friend in New Orleans: We are at a strip club. Boyfriend on the other end of the phone: Was that Morgan's idea?
I was ready to go back to the strip club. To step away from the expectations that have followed me around my entire life. To remind myself I am fun, I like to do crazy things and I do not have to say or do anything because it makes someone else feel better about a situation. I had a great time... and I look forward to my next reminder, my reminder that just because I used to be that way, I don't have to be anymore. Being so serious is just boring.
