Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

New York, Manning and Life

The boyfriend and I took our first trip together and what a better destination than New York City?  He got a taste of me falling asleep before take-off (it is truely a blessing) before we landed in the city that never sleeps.  We ordered room service and I geared up for a run that I have been looking forward to for a LONG time.  I woke up late but still headed out for an eleven mile jog around Central Park.  I zig-zagged to 5th Avenue where I saw hundreds of people waiting for the iPad3 and then found myself lost in one of the most amazing parks I have ever been in.  I visited NY when I was 18 and I found myself remembering that trip and the amazing friend that went with me... I fell in love with NYC.  After that the boyfriend and I hit the town... saw as much as we could and didn't stop until we got on the plane Sunday.  Overall... a success.  (Side note: remember he snores, in a drunken snoring episode Saturday night I asked him to roll over he goes, "What if I don't want to?"  Glad we are comfortable with eachother. Hah)

I get home, exhausted.  Only to walk out of a meeting Monday to find out the Broncos have signed Peyton Freaking Manning.  Hell yes.  Alot of mixed emotions from Tebow fans, but I hope they all follow him to New York.  I read this comment, "I stopped following the Broncos once I moved and got a life."  Hmmm... define life.

I am not sure what that comment meant, it wasn't directed at me but it made me think.  I get so annoyed with people that put things that people enjoy down to make themselves seem better.  You are not any better than the next person.  My idea of "life" has rarely fluctuated.  I want to be around people that love me and that I can trust.  The end. 

What do I enjoy in life?  I love to run, sometimes 15 miles at a time.  I want to volunteer.  I am not looking for your approval when it comes to what programs I choose.  I love the environment.  It can make me cry if I think about it long enough.  Republicans drive me nuts.  They all seem to use religion as a crutch, but aren't Christians supposed to help people?  All people?  I love the Broncos.  I am in love with the Hockey Player.  This is my life.  Don't judge it.  I don't judge yours. 

GO BRONCOS!