Sometimes you think it is just a museum. It is just a rooftop. It is just a restrauant. It is just a date. Then you realize it is more. It is in that moment, that thought I realized I am finding complete joy in very simple things. There was a time in my life when I walked around with my ipod on, music echoing in my head and I just tried to get from A to B as fast as I could. Now, I slow down.
What happens when you slow down? You stop to talk to the museum employees that are selling tickets to a modern art exhibit. You notice the art's space. And even though you don't understand it you find yourself staring at a video (art) and you just feel. You notice the smooth transistions between frames, but feel emotion when out of nowhere you are looking at something different than what was expected, anticipated. You find the only rooftop in Denver that is not crammed with people and you find yourself talking to a Vegan about fly fishing without a hook. This same Vegan has worn the same shirt each time you have seen him. And you find comfort in this shirt and the simplicity it represents.
I know life is not simple. It can be hard. It can be unbearable. I have learned that if I refuse, forget to slow down I will make it worse. I will forget. I will forget who I am, how good it is to feel and I won't find myself in those simple moments where I have a beer in my hand, green roof below my feet and my favorite City all around me.