It started with a simple email from a friend in Texas, "You have to do this." I open the link and there it is, a 16 person bike that looks like a trolley car. The gist of this vehicle, you have a driver and 10 people pedaling the rig from bar to bar. There is a bench in the back for others and a place in the middle for someone to stand. I forward this on to four girlfriends and tell them we should think about it. Next thing I know the Canadian has forwarded it on to all her guy friends, we are picking a weekend and I am sending in the deposit. The simple start to the Best Pub Crawl Ever.
What I love is that I want to organize this stuff again. I have work. I have a dating life. And I have friends. No drama, just let's get together and have a good time. We couldn't really put together a theme, just two words, Toob Socks. Of course, no one is on time... we get off to a frustrating late start and as we start pedaling out of the parking lot Ace of Base comes on... all is well with the world, the mood is immediately lifted.
We hit some dive bars and then headed into LoDo (lower downtown) right into the heart of Rockies traffic. The music play list is in full force and with one crawler in the middle of the bike wearing a shirt "Auditor by Day, Ninja By Night" the Rockies fans become pedal ride spectators as we block everyone going 5 mph. Everyone is taking our pictures, honking, waving... we are taking Sake Bombs, pickle shots... documenting the whole adventure with a camera.
This was just Saturday. Thursday I spent the evening at a Mumford and Sons concert. Easily Top 5 of all time... Friday I had a Vegan cook me dinner for the first time and then Sunday I went to the Canadian's to watch the final three episodes of Oprah. I hope all of you are on Facebook so you can see these pictures... somethings, some feelings I can't yet put into words. But, life is amazing.