I can remember sitting at Five Sixty in Dallas, 18 months ago with my ex and the Guy Who Got Me Through Dallas. The ex and my friend's date were the ones doing the drinking that night, my friend and I remained sober. When the date got up to use the restroom my ex looked at my friend and goes, "Did Morgan tell you she got a job offer in Houston and wants to move there?" My friend told him yes. "Why would anyone move to Houston?" My friend goes, "Why not? I am more of a why not guy than a why." The ex look dumb founded. To those that do not know the end of that story, I turned down the job promotion to stay with the ex in Dallas, two months later he broke up with me. Lesson learned.
When someone asks me to do something I do not respond with "Who else will be there?" "Why?" "I am not sure what else I have going on." If I am available, I am doing it. This is not everyone else's attitude I am slowly finding out. And it annoys the hell out of me. If you don't want to go, just say no. Life is too short to analyze things, to worry about if you are missing out on something else. By saying yes to things, more than saying no, I have seen and done some pretty cool things with some pretty cool people. I went to the Denver Big Air Show, I have speed dating on the books, multiple Sunday Fundays, rode some back bowls, ended up at Avs games and I have laughed... alot. I am almost 30 and I almost missed out on having fun and doing what I want. Time to just live. Why not?