Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Critics

Critics.  I think we all have them.  I apparently have just chosen to ignore mine or convince myself that if I let someone in, just enough, they will understand.  I have continued to get criticism on my blog from people I wouldn't even consider friends, they were just coworkers.  The truth is a part of me always wanted the ex to read it, maybe then he would understand what he did to me, how he made me feel and why I left.  I am not sure if he was one of the recent ex-coworkers to stumble across it, but it doesn't matter.  For the first time since I have opened up I was criticized.

When it comes to my profession I am open to criticism, even in relationships I hold close to my heart... but if you do not know me, really know me, it just makes me upset.  Who is to decide whose perception is "more right?"  If I have a conversation with you, we will each take away different accounts of what happened.  It is life.  I used to be heavily involved in politics.  After GW was elected, not once but twice, I backed down.  I waved my flag.  John Mayer said it perfectly, "Is there anyone who ever remembers changing their mind from the paint on a sign?"  This blog isn't going to make anyone see anything differently.  All I wanted when I started blogging a year ago was an outlet, it gave me that.  These are my views, opinions and perception of what I experience.  Is that different than Steeler Fan, the Ref, the ex... I am pretty certain.  Is it different than how it is read by people I love in life?  Yes. 

Life is amazing.  In all of a week's time someone can tell me they love the blog, someone can tell me my words are poison and someone else can call me perfect.  It all makes me smile.  I just want to hold on and enjoy the ride... I like my critics.  They remind me just how great things really are.