Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Numbers Game

I have lately joked around that dating is a numbers game.  The more you date, the higher the chance you meet someone worth dating.  I am convinced that I do not want anything more than dating at this point in my life, that does not mean that I don't want to meet someone that is worth my time. 

Last Friday my old/new roommate and I took out a new girl that we had just met, recent break-up, new to the area... love her.  We talk about being eachother's wingmen, but how we liked being around eachother because we could wonder off to talk to other people and no one would care.  That night I found myself without either girl for a long time... they come back. 

Me: Ummm... thanks for leaving me.
New Friend: What?  There were like three guys talking to you.  And who was that guy that bought you a shot?

I didn't even notice the three guys hitting on me and I took the shot to be nice.  I really wanted my girls.  I find myself getting hit on, but just want my girls there to make me laugh.  For the last three years I have been so starved for real, deep friendships, I have had boyfriends, I don't want that.  Then yesterday I had several really good people ask me to come watch football... I end up and my New Friend's place. 

She opens the door and there are three of the guys, her friends, we had met/partyed with the night before.  The Canadian shows up... we crowd in on several couches, tap the keg and hang out like we have known eachother for years.  It was the most random, funny and eye-opening 8 hours of my life.  Since I have left Colorado I have been playing the number game with friends and guys... still working on the guy part, but I think I have finally won when it comes to friends.  The four of us, the Canadian, the Old Roommate and the New Friend are all on our own journeys to figure things out... but I have a feeling it will be drama-free, a fun adventure and one journey we will never have to be alone on.