My number one pet peeve is traffic. I would hate to sit and sum up the hours I have spent in traffic. Of course, Dallas was worse than Denver. I originally bought a house close to 90 percent of all engineering firms located in Dallas, but found myself working for a firm that was located downtown. I was now living in the suburbs and commuting to the City. I can remember many traffic jams during my time there. All the thoughts that would run through my head, conversations I would have, things I would see... I would eventually move closer and commute on the DART, but I still hated traffic.
Now I live in the City and commute to the suburbs for work. I still deal with traffic. I try to work out at a gym close to where I work so I can miss the traffic on the way home. This leads to my second pet peeve, most people that live in the suburbs. My gym is full of women, that look like me except they are married with at least two kids, that they bring to the gym, and judging by most of their conversations, they don't work. They just annoy me. To deal with this peeve, I will always try to live in the City where there is culture and different people everywhere... and so I will probably always be commuting in traffic.