Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Favorite Childhood Book

I loved to read as a kid.  I would get sucked into series, just like I do now.  But when you ask me what my favorite childhood book is, I go way back.  I go back to one of the first books I could remember "reading" on my own.  Whether I was reading it or repeating from memory, I don't know and I don't know if there is a huge difference. 


I recently read a headline in The Onion.  "Monster At End Of Book Claims Life Of TV's Grover"  I laughed and loved the article.  My worlds collided, my love for the book and my love for The Onion.  Childhood and Adulthood come together across my Twitter News Feed.  I wonder what will happen when I am 62 that will make me smile about how my 30 something self collided with who I will be...

(If you read The Onion article... truth is I never wanted to get to the end of the book, just in case the ending was different this time around.  My mom had to convince me that there was no monster at the end of the book, ever.  That the ending didn't change.  Back to my dream job... I wish I would have wrote that article for The Onion)