Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years

NYE 2008
It is my favorite holiday.  I can't handle the people that tell me it never lives up to expectations.  Like most things, it is what you make it.  I am not sure at what point in my life I decided I always wanted to be doing something on New Years Eve, but I have been documenting a few of the trips.  It might have started NYE 2003 when I went to New Orleans.  After that it was a roller coaster with a couple trips to Austin, Fort Worth, Chicago, Dallas and then back to Denver to wind up in San Fransico for NYE 2011. 

NYE 2009
I spent this year with a friend I have known since the 8th grade and a friend I just reconnected with, could not have been happier.  Ok, the boyfriend could have come with me but I planned this trip before I knew he was a keeper.  We checked out the bay area, ate some AMAZING food, danced, Tebowed in front of Raider and Charger fans... we brought in 2012.

NYE 2010
I've spent the last few weeks looking back at where I have been around this time every year.  Reminds me of a quote, "Don't look back unless that is where you are going."  Agreed.  I do however look back to make sure that I learned everything I was supposed to, to make sure I am still growing and not stuck.  This year my resolution is just to try to be a better person, all around.  Make something with my hands, continue to write, volunteer and tell the people in my life that matter, that they matter. 


NYE 2011