Oh this last week was not kind to me. I was super sick, had some ridiculous deadline and I had only bought one Christmas present. And then it snowed... alot. I am happy for the White Christmas, but I did get a little stressed out, which I think just made me more sick. I am a wuss when it comes to being sick... I shut down and think the world is going to end. I hit the deadline, returned home from a meeting on Wednesday night, positioned myself on the couch just in time to watch the snow fall. Then it happened. My boyfriend (yep, I said it) showed up with soup, bread, coffee, milk, Kleenex, flowers, magazines and peanut M&Ms. I love him.
He took care of me. I forgot what that was like. I loved it.
We are all strong when we have to be, but it is nice to let someone else be strong for you when you just can't. He joined me on the couch and we both watched the snow fall. I managed to get the rest of my shopping done... even show up to a "class reunion" where I saw people I had not seen in years! I went to a small high school and it is not always an easy crowd. He fit right in. Of course he did. And Christmas is tomorrow. I plan on going to midnight mass with the boyfriend and dinner at his parent's house tomorrow. I tried to go slow, tread lightly... but I don't want to anymore. I am all in.