Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

POTUS

Here it is... I am deep into election season.  Those of you, who have realized I failed at staying off Facebook, get to see my political pushes every now and then.  Those of you who see me once and awhile know I have been volunteering for the Obama campaign.  And those of you who deal with me on a daily basis have seen my car magnet, watched the highs and lows from the great pride I felt after the DNC to the great low after the first debate, get to hear my political rants... and now, now I am scared to death. 

The race is close.  I hate that. 

I believe in President Obama.  I believe that he has stood up for human rights, restored international faith in America and looked out for the interests of minorities and the middle class.  So when the opportunity came to watch the President speak at Sloan's Lake in Denver, I couldn't turn it down.  My AMAZING boyfriend took time off of work to secure tickets.

He couldn't get the time off of work to go, so The Bride's fiancee grabbed up one of the extra tickets and headed out on a cold, fall morning with me.  I believe this guy is a Republican at heart, but not a typical Republican because Willard is just making it impossible this go around to vote Republican if you believe in any type of social issues and want a candidate that is consistent.  After too much time of Will.I.Am... really, any time with any member of the Black Eyed Peas is too long... POTUS arrived at Sloan's Lake.

I got to hear the Big Bird jokes and chant "Four More Years."  But this was also the first time I had ever seen the President of the United States.  It was freaking cool.  He is alot shorter than I imagined, but there he was.  There I was.  And 6,000 other people that see things the way I see things.  I hope.  I hope they vote... I really want 4 more years of this guys.