Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Facebook Experiment

I have been reading news articles about it, thinking about it and I finally did it... I deactivated my Facebook account.  Am I going through withdrawls?  Yes.  Is it weird?  Yes.  Will it stick?  I do not know.  Why did I do it?

I feel like Facebook has almost made me hypocritical and lazy.  I post political opinions or articles, but get annoyed when one someone else posts an opinion opposite of what I believe.  I only post pictures that make me look active, cute, happy, exciting... sometimes my life is sad or boring, but I am constantly keeping up the perseption that everything is great.  If I want to know how a friend is doing I go to their Facebook page instead of sending out an email, making a phone call or even shooting off a text message (which is also pretty lazy but better than nothing).

Moving forward, you will see more pictures on the blog and possibly more opinions.  I really want this decision to help me reconnect with people on a personal level, not a technogical level... but then again, isn't that what I am doing with the blog??  I think the blog will remain so I will continue to write, those that want the technological method have it and I can avoid getting sucked into Facebook drama. 

To be continued...