Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Best Physical Features

I think as women we typically do not talk about what physical features we love about ourselves.  We talk about what we can improve on, what we admire about other women or features we wish we had, but rarely do you hear a woman go, "My arms look amazing with this top!"  There are days I think, "I look great today."  But I think it, I don't say it. 

I guess with this entry, I have the chance to say it.  **So why do I feel forced to say it... anyways here we go**  Two things I have always loved about myself, my legs and my eyes (including eyelashes). 

I have fluctuated with weight over my pre-teen, high school years and college... I never gained weight in my legs and with athletics, and my love of running, my legs were always toned.  I could appreciate the constant shape of my legs when it came time to wear a skirt.  Probably why I am most comfortable in shorts and a long sleeve shirt.

I have eyelashes that are a little longer than most people's and this makes my average blue eyes stand out.  I would get wicked eye allergies in Texas; as a result my eyelashes would fall out, I couldn't wear mascara and I realized just how much I loved my eyes.

The challenge in life is to remember why you are great, work on the areas that you want to improve and love yourself, the always changing, wonderful self.  Remember your best features, including the physical ones.  Love yourself so someone else can love you too.