Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Second Chance

Wow.  Let me say, I have not been this busy at work since I left Texas.  Working weekends, coming in at 5am, trying to just keep it all straight... all the while going to see the Lion King Musical, Avs games, working out, races, dinner parties and just dating.  I could feel it.  That feeling when I thought I might lose it.  I needed to plan every detail to remind myself that there is in fact enough time in the day to do it all... The Hockey Player called to ask what I wanted to do Friday night, I asked him to just plan it... and he goes, "I don't care what we do, I just want to see you."  And I got quiet.  He ended up planning it. 

It was my second chance.  My second chance to prove I could leave work at work and just enjoy my friends and the guy I was dating.  I stumbled a little, but I did it.  I am also dating a guy that is a "Words of Affirmation" guy.  If you have ever read the "Five Languages of Love" you know what I am talking about.  He feels most loved when I tell him.  I have always struggled with this, can't I just show you?  I have always been a "Quality Time" person.  We are all different; I respect that.  I also failed at this in my last relationship... so here it is, my second chance to show how much I have learned, grown and changed.  To not make the same mistakes twice.  To tell him how much I like him, even if it is every day.

Last night we met some of my friends out for Sunday Night Football... he turns to one of them when he thought I wasn't listening and goes, "I am crazy about her."  My guard went down a little more...