- My old coworker and I set out to climb La Plata, 5th highest peak in Colorado Saturday morning. We immediately get lost, set us back about 30 minutes.
- I get home late to go to a book reading with the construction worker. I don't have time to eat anything besides two granola bars.
- We talk about food after the reading (9:30 pm) but he is house sitting and has to let these dogs out.
- We finally set out to get food. (10:30 pm)
- We can't find a place to park, he gets frustrated, I am tired and hungry. We park. And set off to get to the bar that we had to park blocks away from. (11 pm)
- The time frame is important because we all know what a tired, hungry woman means... apparently he doesn't.
- He goes: I bet those heels are comfortable. Me: Didn't realize I would be walking blocks.
- This comment ends the night. He calls me annoying, I tell him it is forced fun, we part ways.
- I feel bad, go to where he is house sitting to apologize. We start talking about whether I should leave or not and as this conversation is going a raccoon starts to attack a squirrel in a tree. This is amazing. (1 am) The neighbors come out, I just take off.
- Sunday we break up.
- Monday sucks. The fishing guy, friend's brother RSVPs for Casa Bonita. So now I am forced to address how nervous I am about dating a friend's brother before I see him Saturday.
- Tuesday, alot of wine and pizza. Great bonding time that happened because I needed it thanks to the construction worker.
- Wednesday. My old roommate moves her birthday plans to a later weekend, I am sad that it is a weekend I already have plans, so I will miss it. At this moment I get another invite to go to a friend's cabin on the weekend that became open. I get a great email from the friend telling me everything will be ok if I date her brother, which you know what... why not?
- Meeting the brother tomorrow to just talk and be upfront. We will see.
Documenting the life of one crazy Bronco fan that some how made it to 30...
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Signs
I believe everything happens for a reason. "There is a purpose, a plan and a reason for all things. What doesn't make sense, will make sense." So after a Sunday evening "break-up" with the hot construction worker, I keep my tradition and enjoy way too much wine and pizza with some close girlfriends last night to hash it all out. I survived. I always will. Then it hit me, all the heartache I have felt this week happened for a reason and I just got excited. Try to follow my train of thought: