It sometimes takes a long weekend away from the phone, watch, facebook and in a place where you see stars, arches, float down a river with 18 other strangers to remind you how much you have changed. For a long time I thought I was "starting over," I just needed to "move on." When in reality I wasn't starting over, and I didn't need to move on... I believe now that life is a continuation. Life flows and you grow. Every event in my life, good or bad, every person that is in my life or that has been in my life, good or bad, has led me to a point in my life where I just smile.
I have changed. I am no longer stressed out, I am not perfect, but I am happy. I will continue to say the wrong things, but only hope that my intent will shine through. I love the woman I am. I love that I can randomly get invited to a three day rafting trip where I know one person, show up and walk away with great memories and hopefully a few new friends. I cliff jumped this weekend as well. That has always been a fear of mine, but why not?
I admit, I walked around resentful and bitter for a moment in my life. I wasn't strong enough to deal with it differently at that time. I have learned to change the way I think about a few things and love that everything is in my life for a reason. I believe that reason will lead me to the next amazing moment in my life. This weekend reminded me of all the simple things I love in life, friends, laughter, stars and nature. I experienced the western slope of Colorado, the desert region, just east of Utah. I loved it. I had almost forgot that Colorado had such an ecosystem.
So while I continue to discover the person I want to be, learn from my mistakes and appreciate those that are on this journey next to me... I get to discover Colorado all over again.
 |
| Arches in Colorado |
 |
| Sunset along the Colorado River |
 |
| A little piece of heaven |
 |
| Desert |
 |
| Dried up stream bed along the Colorado River |