I don't think it has anything to do with being 30, more about just coming out of a serious relationship. I have had many discussions with some great women in my life who are getting back into the dating game... we have all decided dating sucks. What runs through my mind when I am out and about or on a first date, is I am pretty amazing... on paper.
I like to work out. I eat healthy. I enjoy a GOOD beer. I like to dance. I love sports and know a lot about football, basketball and baseball. I have a college education and a good career that I am good at. I have owned a house, traveled the world, I will do anything for anyone and I recently confirmed that I can be in a short, black dress in the trendiest bar in the area and associate a rap song with kickoff at a NFL game or Jim Rome. Isn't that what most guys want? A smart, active woman? Someone you can take to a work event or a sports bar? I think I look good on paper.
For whatever the reason, I attract the exact opposite of me. I don't doubt that some guy out there is looking for a girl like me. I just hate that experience is telling me guys want someone just a little below their level... someone not as smart, not as successful, someone that doesn't know as much about sports as they do. Date after date I realize half way through that I have just a little more self esteem, a little more confidence... I am not going to change this. These are all things I love about myself. So I will keep adding to my resume and bear down for the long haul.