Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Amazing

I had a great friend visit me from Dallas on Friday.  I loved this guy like he was my brother.  A part of me knew that my dad was a little more comfortable with me living so far away because this guy and his family would do just about anything for me.  We don't talk as much since I moved, but seeing him on Friday, it was like nothing had changed.  By the end of the night we were taking shots and dancing all over my favorite hole-in-the-wall bar.  I was so happy that the boyfriend got to meet him and I hope to keep in touch with him always.

I realize I would never have made it without great friends standing all around me... to help me with the people that were bringing me down and remind me to just be. Because of all the advice and support, I can appreciate the people that challenged me to change.  I hated them in that moment, but without them I would have never moved home, challenged to find myself again and find love again.

Ever just stop?  Look around?  And love what you see and what you think of?  I am there.  I am so happy for all my friends that are happy, having babies, or the ones that just let me be a part of their adventure.  I am slowly figuring out that only I can make myself happy... what a relief.