Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Growing Up

Sometimes, if I just stop, I can picture my first childhood home.  I can picture Kelly, who lived down the street.  We were inseparable.  She was my best friend and she was always going to be my best friend, until her family moved.

Just after Kelly moved, a new family moved in next door.  Steve was my new best friend.  We would ride bikes all over the neighborhood.  We would usually make it over to the steepest hill in the world where the trek up was worth it for the ride down.  We were best friends and he was always going to be my best friend.  Then I moved.

This story continued in loop for the next 24 years and it is still looping.  Sometimes friends from my past will loop back into the present, or I might see them in the future, but the story stays the same.  There is a time after every loop out of my life that I get sad.  I hate to see people that mean something to me at some point go.  I hate when I loop out of their life.  I am human and I am not always going to do things the way others woud prefer.  I guess I just hold on to the idea that it is not malicious and wait for them to loop back into my life in the future... and we can pick up right where we left off.  If not, just smile and thank them for the friendship that will always mean something good to me.